Basic Defensive Handgun
NO PERSONAL FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED.
To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Lessons included in this course will be Basic Rules of Gun Safety. Learn to Identify the Principal Parts of a Revolver and Semi- Automatic Pistols, Learn the different types of actions (Single Action, Double Action, Double Only Action) Basic Ammunition Knowledge, The Responsibilities of Firearm Ownership, Firearm Care and Storage.
Detailed Instruction on the fundamentals of Basic Defensive Shooting and Basic Gun Handling Fundamentals, including: Proper Sight Alignment, Stance, Grip, Trigger Control, How to perform Tactical Reloads and Emergency Reloads and more.
- Class Length: Approximately 6 Hours depending on class size.
- Classroom Materials Required: Writing materials, Pen or Pencil and Note Paper.
- Range Material Required: Firearm Rental, Eye Protection and Ammunition will be included in the cost of this course.
- Drinks and Snacks are allowed in the classroom.
- There will be a 30 minute lunch break.
- Students will need to provide a Driver’s License or State ID Card prior to starting the course.