State of Nevada CCW Permit Course
NO PERSONAL FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. LOCKERS ARE AVAILABLE.
This course meets or exceeds the State of Nevada requirements necessary to obtain a Nevada CCW Permit. This course goal is to teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol in a safe, responsible manner for self-defense.
Lessons included in this course will be Basic Rules of Gun Safety, Learn to Identify the Principal Parts of a Revolver and Semi- Automatic Pistols, Learn the different types of actions (Single Action, Double Action), Basic Ammunition Knowledge, The Responsibilities of Firearm Owner, Selecting a Handgun for Self Defense, Firearm Care and Storage.
Other lectures included are:
Introduction to Defensive Shooting, Current Laws of the State relating to the use of Firearms, How to avoid a criminal attack Inside and Outside the Home, Controlling the Encounter, Options on how to carry a Concealed Firearm, Civil Liability Issues, Strategies for Personal Safety, The Fundamentals of Defensive Marksmanship and Much More !
These lectures are a must for everyone that carries a handgun for self-defense.
Detailed Instruction on the fundamentals of Basic Defensive Shooting and Basic Gun Handling Fundamentals, including: Proper Grip, Stance, Sight Alignment, and Trigger Control.
- Class Length: Approximately 8-10 Hours depending on class size.
- Classroom Materials Required: Writing materials, Pen or Pencil and Note Paper.
- Range Materials: Firearm Rental, Eye Protection and Ammunition will be provided if you don’t have them.
- Range Material Required: Bring the firearm you plan on using for the range qualification and 30 Rounds of Ammunition for your firearm. If you don’t have a firearm we have rentals available. You will just have to purchase ammunition for the qualification if you don’t have it. Hearing Protection and Eye Protection is required for the Range Qualification.
- Drinks and Snacks are allowed in the classroom.
- Students will need to provide a Driver’s License or State ID Card prior to starting the course.
- Students must be at least 21 Years of Age